Saturday, May 11, 2013

Since Gulliver is such a massive individual compared to the Lillputians. How do you think the Lillputians will cope with his diet and the amount of space that he takes up? There is already tension between him and the Lillputians. An example of the tension can be found on page 16. "They apprehended my breaking loose; that my diet would be very expensive, and might cause a famine. Sometimes they determined to starve me; or at least to shoot me in the face and hands with poisoned arrows, which would soon despatch me; but again they considered, the the stench of so large a carcass might produce a plague in the metropolis, and probably spread through the whole kingdom" (Swift, pg. 16).

1 comment:

  1. It seems like the Lilliputians don't appreciate what Gulliver could do for their society. For example he defeated the people of Blefscu and the Lilliputians weren't grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete